Portland’s Best Clearance Event: Bargain Hunting 101
The much anticipated bargain event of the year is just a couple of weeks away! With your walking shoes on and cash in hand, get ready to shop deeply discounted merchandise from 50 local boutiques and designers, including yours truly. It’s just happening one day only, Sunday, August 16th from 12 – 5p at the historic Crystal Ballroom in downtown Portland. Find great deals on fashion, art, accessories, and home items.
Some tips to ensure a successful day at Bargain Hunting 101:
1. Know your stuff. Browse through the participating vendor list here and make a list of which booths you would want to hit first (Olio, of course). Some of our friends and designers that will be there: artist Hadley Hutton, Hazeldrops fashion, Plywerk art, Reif clothing, and Sky&Boat clothing.
2. Come early. Guaranteed if you show up at noon, there will be a line all the way around the building and you will be bummed.
3. Bring a friend. You would want the company and the second opinion, for sure. Because of the low markdowns, most sales are final.
4. Wear a tank top and a skirt. There is a large community dressing room available, but the lighting is not so great. By wearing clothes that you can layer over or under, you don’t even need to leave the booth!
5. Know your Significant Other’s measurements and shoe size! I’m not an omniscient retailer, just a mere mortal.
6. Bring a tote. Most vendors do not provide a bag.
7. Even though I said this earlier, it’s worth mentioning again. Cash is king; some booths will not take your plastic. There is an ATM on the site though- just in case you need more cash.
Bargain Hunting is one of our favorite events of the year. Korinne and I hope to see you there!