To wash, or not to wash
That is the question with denim.
We’re a little focused on denim these days with the quick change of the weather. For those of you that have been asking how to care for your denim, here’s some information we’ve dug up. Let us know if you have tips of your own!
• Turn the jeans inside out and wash in COLD water for a short time. Many recommend using shampoo instead of detergent. Never bleach.
• To maintain the indigo color, add ¼ cup of salt and ½ cup of vinegar to the detergent.
• Wash denim together. The indigo dye from a new pair of jeans can refresh the color of faded jeans.
• Drying denim can shrink the jeans and break down the fibers faster. If you must dry, dry on low heat.
• Try not to wash raw denim too often or ever. Many go without washing for months! Just air out in the sun or rub dryer sheets on the outside and inside.